Giving birth is a beautiful and miraculous thing, but it changes the body in so many different ways. Some of these changes can eventually be reversed with diet and exercise, but other physical changes, such as stretched out skin and stubborn fats, can only be treated with surgery.
Fortunately, there’s a package-deal type of surgery specifically tailored to meet the singular needs of mothers who want to restore various parts of their post-pregnancy bodies.
The mommy makeover is a combination of procedures which commonly includes breast lift, breast augmentation, liposuction, and tummy tuck. Women who are unhappy with their bodies after childbirth can greatly benefit from this treatment because it’s more cost effective to have multiple surgeries at once.
A mommy makeover will not only reverse and correct unwanted signs of childbirth, but it will also help women to fully embrace the joy of motherhood without having to feel uncomfortable or self-conscious about their bodies. With the technology and techniques available today, the mommy makeover is better than ever and many mothers are now taking advantage of these new possibilities.
Surgical procedures included in the mommy makeover package:
- Breast Augmentation. During pregnancy, breasts increase in size as the mammary glands fill with milk. However, after breastfeeding, the mammary glands return to their original size, leaving the skin stretched. Breast augmentation is the best way to restore the firmness and shape of the breasts. Breast implants are available in a variety of sizes and shapes to improve the appearance of breasts that have lost their volume and fullness after pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Breast Lift. Breast lift surgeries are done to eliminate extra skin and reshape the breasts’ natural tissues, making them look more perky and youthful. To achieve the best results, breast lift surgeries are usually combined with breast augmentation.
- Liposuction is an effective way to eliminate fat deposits from various problem areas such as the abdomen, legs, upper arms and buttocks.
- Tummy Tuck. The abdominal muscles are stretched and pulled apart during pregnancy, which causes loose skin to accumulate in the midsection. A tummy tuck tightens the abdominal muscles by removing excess skin and fats for a smoother, flatter appearance.
Things to consider when choosing the mommy makeover:
- A mommy makeover is a great way to fix body issues, but this treatment would be more ideal for women who are not planning on having any more children. Getting pregnant after a mommy makeover will not hurt your child, but the benefits of a tummy tuck, for instance, can be reduced after having another child if your skin and muscles are once again stretched significantly. If you’re considering a mommy makeover, we recommend that you wait until you’ve finished building your family.
- You are going to need some help with daily chores and other responsibilities from your friends or family for the first few days after your treatment. Make sure to plan everything in advance before undergoing a mommy makeover so that you can have a smooth and healthy recovery.
- A mommy makeover can be a life-changing experience. Although there may be a lot of surgeons who can perform these set of procedures, you need to be careful when choosing your plastic surgeon. Choose someone you’re comfortable with, and make sure that he or she is certified by the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery.